continuous learning session
course code: CL716
don't be afraid to work with people in pain..
with judith stern
2 sessions, 9:00 - 11:00 | repeated mon-tue, wed-thu, fri-sat
venue: HSG-008A, Health Science Building (ground level)
suitable for all
.. they are the best Alexander students..
This learning session will explore the role of the Alexander principles in relieving spinal pain. The 2 day workshop will include the following topics:
- Characteristics of students who respond best to the AT
- Aspects of the AT lesson that are key to effective results
- Important anatomical information for the teacher
- Valuable anatomical information for the Student
- The Pain/Spasm Cycle... what you need to understand and communicate
- Learning to distinguish Primary from Secondary Pain, and WHY
- Overcoming your concerns about working with individuals in Pain.
This workshop is suitable for Teachers, Trainees and experienced students.