course code: WS507
'give a child conscious control and you give him poise' - f. m. alexander
with gal ben-or
tuesday aug 11, 14:00 - 16:00
venue: HSG-008A, Health Science Building (ground level)
O other (children)
Many teachers of the technique would love to work with children or are interested in this domain but are reluctant to do so for all kinds of different reasons.
In the workshop I will discuss about the different aspects of working with children and share my 25 years of work in this field.
The main motivation in giving this workshop is to assist Teachers Bridge the gap between wanting and actually doing it as well as helping those with experience find new possibilities and develop their skills.
I will show a few private films not accessible to the public of case studies of my work and explain the different approach to each child.
During the workshop I will talk of many different aspects of working with children such as:
- Preparing the room
- First conversation with the parents and how to create a partnership with them
- First lesson with a child
- Different approach to different ages
- Giving directions during playing games
- Working in a kindergarten
- .. and plenty of space for questions and discussions.